Monday, February 06, 2006

The Music Meme

Better late then never, they say... i mean, it's only been like ten months 'getting round to this' since Ricky passed me the Music Meme...


  1. Total volume of music files on my computer?
    Approx 20GB, 3500 songs
  2. The last CD I bought was...
    In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country, Boards of Canada
    which i think is not bad, but not great.
  3. (a) The last song I listened to before writing this was...
    Fit But You Know It, The Streets
    (b)Song playing right now:
    none
  4. Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me.
    Hard question! Too many, too hard to remember. Some that come to mind are...

    • Hey Boy, Hey Girl, The Chemical Brothers
      fantastic song, and it reminds me when I used to go out with friends.
    • Killing in the Name, Rage Against the Machine
      it was what really got me into music. Have to say though, that these days I find their music a bit tiring to listen to... i spose coz it's so angry.
      And FWIW, it's not my all time fav RATM song - that'd probably be Bulls on Parade.
    • Out From Out Where, Amon Tobin
      I'm including this, even though it's an album, becuase I think the whole thing is absolultely brilliant... near perfect. Takes a while to get into it, though.
    • Daughter, Pearl Jam
      From the first CD I bought, which I listened to over and over again...
    • two other songs that have a prominent emotional association for me, because they remind me of past times with friends, are
      Whiter Shade of Pale
      and
      Buenos Tardes Amigo, Ween
      though I haven't heard either of these songs for years, and there's lots of songs I like just as much or more than these...

1 comment:

  1. It seems to be missing the most interesting question, "of your music collection, how much of it is legal?"

    ReplyDelete