Friday, March 03, 2006

Goodbye to Toowong's Explorer Street

You may have wondered why this blog is called Explorer Street.

Two and a half years ago, before I started the blog, I moved into a unit in Toowong, located in a street with that name, and it's where I've been living ever since. I thought the name had a nice ring to it.

I had hoped to stay here until at least the end of my PhD (probably another two years from now), but the unit is being sold and I have to move out. I really don't want to :(   I don't know yet where I'm going to, I'll have to see...

1 comment:

  1. Hi James

    Doing a PhD is stressful enough. Moving out is going to be a major, major pain. A pity it had to happen at the start of a new semester.

    Perhaps there's a parable in this somewhere: the exploration's done, and now the developers are moving in.

    Wonder if there's another Explorer Street to move into nearby ... a long shot, I know ... hmm ...

    ReplyDelete